Building is in our blood. Enthusiasm and a love for what we do have fueled a lifetime in construction. Construction has been a Murphy family calling for four generations. The first Tom Murphy was an immigrant carpenter with a passion for quality that has driven Coastal since its founding in 1988. We are dedicated to our core values, making our commitment to total quality and client satisfaction absolute. It's Not Just Business... It's Personal.
Today, Coastal is ranked in the top 100 construction management companies in the country and in June of 2014, Coastal was recognized as the "Southeast Contractor of the Year" by Engineering News Record (ENR), the preeminent magazine for the construction industry worldwide.
With a distinguished roster of public and private clients, Coastal focuses on nine primary markets: Commercial, Hospitality, Education, Residential, Mixed-Use, Interiors, Worship, Historic Restoration & Disaster Recovery
Career Opportunity:Project Engineer
Support and consistently reinforce Coastal’s Core Values, acts as a resource for the Project Management and Superintendents, coordinating and completing the technical requirements of the project by performing a wide variety of tasks.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Ensures strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements throughout the company.
- Supports and drives utilization of Coastal’s initiatives and technology systems.
- Assumes supervisory responsibility for Engineering Assistants, Plan Clerks and Interns.
- Assists in fostering and enhancing owner, architect, subcontractor and vendor relations.
- Understands Coastal’s Contract and Subcontract Agreements.
- Assesses information necessary to construct the project on time, within budget and to the quality specified by the contract documents for the assigned areas.
- Supervises the document control process for all addenda, ASIs, CCDs, CICs and other directives and revisions. Distributes revisions to the General Superintendent, field, and to all subcontractors including updates and maintenance of as-builts.
- Assists the Project Manager and Superintendent in administering technical aspects of the contract documents with the owner’s consultants and subcontractors to ensure that all technical aspects of the project are being addressed.
- Prepares and distributes minutes for meetings associated with the project.
- Conducts periodic inspections of construction site to ensure compliance with technical requirements.
- Maintains reports such as General Conditions items, labor, safety, change order logs and quality control logs.
- Utilizes Project Management System to:
- Prepare drawings logs.
- Log-in, track and review shop drawings and submittals.
- Create and update vendor and subcontractor Contact Log.
- Submit, track response and issue Requests for Information.
- Tracks building permits and follow up with any issues related to this.
- Tracks all plan revisions submissions to municipalities.
- Takes monthly videos/pictures and distributes for monthly management meetings.
- Prepares control line and coordination drawing templates and sets up coordination meetings with subcontractors. Distributes updated coordination drawings to field staff and subcontractors.
- Assists Project Manager with any additional duties as needed.
- Assists in delivering all necessary manuals to the Owner. Consolidates project documentation and files.
- Assists in obtaining, assembling, distributing and filing all as-built drawings, warranties, certificates of occupancy, and final lien releases for the project.
- Turns over to the owner all required Close-Out documents as required.
- Assists in managing subcontractor closeout, transfer of utilities, owner training, and punch list process.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in the construction industry.
- 1+ year in the role of Assistant Project Engineer.
Knowledge / Skills Required:
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proficiency with:
- Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Good understanding of LEED principles.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Possess good client management skills and ability to build goodwill.
- Effective time management skills and logical decision-making ability.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A strong sense of urgency and initiative. Able to quickly study and react to complex issues.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Cafeteria plan
- Paid holidays and vacations and sick leave
- 401k retirement plan with generous company match
Coastal is driven by honest, hardworking and dedicated professionals. We are committed to hiring the best and brightest talent in the construction industry. We know that our people set us apart. Do you have what it takes?