Building is in our blood. Enthusiasm and a love for what we do have fueled a lifetime in construction. Construction has been a Murphy family calling for four generations. The first Tom Murphy was an immigrant carpenter with a passion for quality that has driven Coastal since its founding in 1988. We are dedicated to our core values, making our commitment to total quality and client satisfaction absolute. It's Not Just Business... It's Personal.
Today, Coastal is ranked in the top 100 construction management companies in the country and in June of 2014, Coastal was recognized as the "Southeast Contractor of the Year" by Engineering News Record (ENR), the preeminent magazine for the construction industry worldwide.
With a distinguished roster of public and private clients, Coastal focuses on nine primary markets: Commercial, Hospitality, Education, Residential, Mixed-Use, Interiors, Worship, Historic Restoration & Disaster Recovery
Career Opportunity: Safety Manager
Support and consistently reinforce Coastal’s Core Values, is responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the company's safety and health program for assigned projects, including compliance with applicable federal and state regulations, and Company policies. Mentors and trains jobsite employees and subcontractors regarding safety, health and environmental programs and policies.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Keeps current with new developments in OSHA regulations and company safety policies, and communicates to the appropriate jobsite personnel.
- Responsible for administering the company safety policies and procedures and working with our team to ensure the highest level of safety on our projects.
- Conducts new project specific safety orientations in English and Spanish for subcontractor and Coastal employees.
- Assists the Safety Department and Operations Department in developing and implementing the project specific safety program.
- Coordinates all loss prevention efforts on the project with the entire project team.
- Attends subcontractor preconstruction meetings, reviews task specific Stop/Talk/Plan (STP) or Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) and assists with planning for safety, health and environmental issues.
- Assists with safety material and equipment acquisition for new project setup.
- Conducts frequent inspections of projects and identifies current and future challenges.
- Assists Vice President of Safety in establishing and administering project safety recognition programs.
- Prepares weekly safety audits, distributes these audits and assists project staff with correcting and preventing hazards.
- Assists with establishing and maintaining a project crisis management plan.
- Conducts accident investigations and assists with OSHA and environmental inspections.
- Maintains project incident logs for all reported injuries, GL claims, WC claims, and OSHA recordable injuries.
- Assists project team with sediment and erosion control and other environmental responsibilities and audits.
- Assists in insuring that daily inspections and recording safety violations are documented and communicated to the project team.
- Assists in organizing documentation of the job site for easy access and review.
- Attends safety pre-construction meetings and weekly foreman and safety meetings.
- Attends monthly safety department coordination meetings.
- Attends subcontractor meetings and any others necessary meetings to monitor and manage safety on the project.
- Maintains required safety reporting and all other required files to Coastal’s standards.
- Assists in managing and reviewing subcontractor Project Specific Safety Plans.
- Understands and administers Coastal’s safety exhibits and hoisting exhibit.
- Prepares weekly safety audits for respective projects.
- Prepares monthly MPCR Safety Reports.
- Attends AGC, ABC, CASF, SAFE or other construction related safety committee meetings.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- OTI510 Construction Safety Certification and/or OTI500
- Must have a minimum of five years of experience is the construction industry, specifically on mid-rise and high-rise buildings.
Knowledge / Skills Required:
- Good written and verbal communication skills with proficiency in both English and Spanish.
- Proficiency with:
- Microsoft Office suite
- Site Audit Pro
- Ability to read, understand and interpret OSHA standards, our project specific safety plan and all related safety and health policies and procedures.
- Able to constantly multi-task and handle competing priorities between as safety issues arise on the jobsite.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage the many details necessary for a safe work environment.
- Excellent management skills to effectively manage subcontractor performance as it relates to safety.
- A strong sense of urgency and initiative, and the ability to quickly study and react to complex issues, and resolve conflict effectively in a firm but fair manner.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to take action confidently and decisively.
- Capacity to handle pressure.
- Demonstrates the ability to train/mentor others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Cafeteria plan
- Paid holidays and vacations and sick leave
- 401k retirement plan with generous company match
Coastal is driven by honest, hardworking and dedicated professionals. We are committed to hiring the best and brightest talent in the construction industry. We know that our people set us apart. Do you have what it takes?