Building is in our blood. Enthusiasm and a love for what we do have fueled a lifetime in construction. Construction has been a Murphy family calling for four generations. The first Tom Murphy was an immigrant carpenter with a passion for quality that has driven Coastal since its founding in 1988. We are dedicated to our core values, making our commitment to total quality and client satisfaction absolute. It's Not Just Business... It's Personal.
Today, Coastal is ranked in the top 100 construction management companies in the country and in June of 2014, Coastal was recognized as the "Southeast Contractor of the Year" by Engineering News Record (ENR), the preeminent magazine for the construction industry worldwide.
With a distinguished roster of public and private clients, Coastal focuses on nine primary markets: Commercial, Hospitality, Education, Residential, Mixed-Use, Interiors, Worship, Historic Restoration & Disaster Recovery
Career Opportunity: Scheduler
Support and consistently reinforce Coastal’s Core Values, assists in the development, review and maintenance of project schedules for assigned projects, participates in scheduling meetings as required, obtains scheduling data and participates in the updating process.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Supports development of Master Project Schedules (MPS) and schedules for proposals as assigned.
- Works with Coastal field supervision, subcontractors and vendors to assist them in developing, understanding and working to/with the Project Schedule for assigned projects.
- Participates in all scheduling meetings for assigned projects.
- Performs additional assignments as required by Supervisor.
- Reviews contract for understanding of scheduling milestone dates, deliverable requirements, software requirements and any variances to Coastal scheduling policy.
- Assists Scheduling Manager in developing Master Project Schedule (MPS) to align with contract requirements and Coastal scheduling policy for assigned projects as required.
- Supports safety protocols by having current OSHA 10-hour training, always wearing proper PPE during any project walk-throughs, and being attentive for any safety hazards at all times.
- Prepares the MPS Baseline to be properly submitted to the owner and approved for each project.
- Completes periodic updates of MPS on a monthly basis, at minimum, and ensures that updates comply with the Coastal scheduling policy.
- Assists project team with scheduling narrative for monthly MPS update.
- Ensures all scheduling meetings with owner and/or subcontractors are documented in writing.
- Prepares a final as-built schedule update, and archives it on the project team drive as well as the Coastal corporate scheduling drive.
- Supports any schedule services as needed to support/defend claims from Coastal to the owner or from subcontractors.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related field. Similar construction scheduling experience or equivalent combination of training and/or field related experience. Field Experience a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Scheduling Software and SOPs
Knowledge / Skills Required:
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proficiency with:
- Microsoft Office suite
- Primavera P-6
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Thorough knowledge of diversified schedule engineering systems, principles and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the general installation practices of all CSI divisions necessary for communication of the schedule to all trades and interested parties, for education of company persons in the use of CPM, and for review of schedules generated by others.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with willingness to face challenges, solve problems, and motivate others while maintaining effective relationships with internal/external customers by exceeding their requirements and expectations.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Ability to conduct classroom scheduling training.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Ability to constantly multi-task and handle competing priorities between multiple Coastal projects.
- A strong sense of urgency and initiative. Able to quickly study and react to complex issues.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to confidently and decisively take action.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Cafeteria plan
- Paid holidays and vacations and sick leave
- 401k retirement plan with generous company match
Coastal is driven by honest, hardworking and dedicated professionals. We are committed to hiring the best and brightest talent in the construction industry. We know that our people set us apart. Do you have what it takes?