Building is in our blood. Enthusiasm and a love for what we do have fueled a lifetime in construction. Construction has been a Murphy family calling for four generations. The first Tom Murphy was an immigrant carpenter with a passion for quality that has driven Coastal since its founding in 1988. We are dedicated to our core values, making our commitment to total quality and client satisfaction absolute. It's Not Just Business... It's Personal.
Today, Coastal is ranked in the top 100 construction management companies in the country and in June of 2014, Coastal was recognized as the "Southeast Contractor of the Year" by Engineering News Record (ENR), the preeminent magazine for the construction industry worldwide.
With a distinguished roster of public and private clients, Coastal focuses on nine primary markets: Commercial, Hospitality, Education, Residential, Mixed-Use, Interiors, Worship, Historic Restoration & Disaster Recovery
Career Opportunity: Project Executive
Support and consistently reinforce Coastal’s Core Values, provides overall leadership and direction on the construction project. Responsible for negotiating the owner contract, functions as the main contact for the Project Manager for issues concerning budget, billing and client satisfaction, and ensures the fiscal success of the project.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership in business judgment and all financial and profitability aspects of projects under their oversight.
- Participates extensively in helping to acquire and define projects and develop budgets that will achieve profitability objectives taking into account project specific challenges.
- Sets appropriate milestones and assigns staff qualified to handle the scope and complexity of the project.
- Works closely with clients, owners, architects and subcontractors to develop relationships that exceed the client satisfaction.
- Provides oversight in managing all necessary resources throughout the entire project from start-up through closeout and ensures that the owner’s expectations, budgetary and profitability objectives are met.
- Provides oversight of projects at a high level from beginning to end; including budget, costs, unexpected events, general performance, and overall progress against plan.
- Ensures that the day-to-day operations of projects are transitioned effectively to Project Managers and Superintendents from Preconstruction.
- Mentors, trains and coaches staff to perform to or exceed Coastal’s standards.
- Represents Coastal to the owners, architects, consultants, government authorities, vendors and subcontractors.
- Assists in the Business Development efforts of Coastal and participates in presentations for project acquisitions.
- Attends all scheduled meetings necessary to monitor and manage project profitability.
- Attends owner and project meetings, maintains continuous client contact to gauge performance perceptions and communicatse relevant information to Project Team.
- Ensures Project Management staff is trained according to Coastal’s guidelines.
- Recruits qualified talent; mentors, coaches and trains them to perform, and ensures effective matching of talent to project scope.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related field.
- 15+ years of experience in the construction industry.
- 10+ years in the role of Project Manager, and have worked as a Project Manager on a minimum of 5 projects with each having a budget in excess of $75 million.
Knowledge / Skills Required:
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proficiency with:
- Microsoft Office suite
- Primavera P-6
- Thorough knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing and engineering principles and techniques, as well as accounting principles.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Ability to implement leading-edge technologies such as BIM, LEED and LEAN.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Good client management skills and ability to build goodwill.
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Excellent business judgment demonstrated by consistently achieving profitability objectives and strong project close-outs with client and subcontractor relationships in good standing.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail evidenced by a strong command of all applicable contract and legal provisions.
- Ability to constantly multi-task and handle competing priorities between Coastal’s business needs, organizational issues, and sound customer relations.
- A strong sense of urgency and initiative. Able to quickly study and react to complex issues.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to confidently and decisively take action.
- Team leader with excellent diplomatic and communication skills, able to handle and resolve conflicts effectively in a firm but fair manner.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Cafeteria plan
- Paid holidays and vacations and sick leave
- 401k retirement plan with generous company match
Coastal is driven by honest, hardworking and dedicated professionals. We are committed to hiring the best and brightest talent in the construction industry. We know that our people set us apart. Do you have what it takes?