Building is in our blood. Enthusiasm and a love for what we do have fueled a lifetime in construction. Construction has been a Murphy family calling for four generations. The first Tom Murphy was an immigrant carpenter with a passion for quality that has driven Coastal since its founding in 1988. We are dedicated to our core values, making our commitment to total quality and client satisfaction absolute. It's Not Just Business... It's Personal.
Today, Coastal is ranked in the top 100 construction management companies in the country and in June of 2014, Coastal was recognized as the "Southeast Contractor of the Year" by Engineering News Record (ENR), the preeminent magazine for the construction industry worldwide.
With a distinguished roster of public and private clients, Coastal focuses on nine primary markets: Commercial, Hospitality, Education, Residential, Mixed-Use, Interiors, Worship, Historic Restoration & Disaster Recovery
Career Opportunity: Project Accountant
Support and consistently reinforce Coastal’s Core Values, is responsible for accurately accounting and reporting all financial aspects of the project, including budgeting, cash flow, payment applications, invoice approvals and coding.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Assists the Project Manager and Project Controller on financial aspects of the owner’s contract, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Assists in fostering and enhancing owner, architect, subcontractor and vendor relations.
- Ensures strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements throughout the company.
- Understands Coastal’s Contract and Subcontract Agreements.
- Supports and drives utilization of Coastal’s initiatives and technology systems.
- Enhances the accuracy of reported financial results.
Project Start up:
- Assists Project Executive and Project Manager with turnover meeting from Precon.
- Assists in creation of Cost Codes consistent with the Current Coastal setup.
- Inputs initial budgets into Sage.
- Assists in set up of Owner Payment application to be used for the project.
- Assists in setting up directory and file structure on the Shared Project Drive with IT.
- Assists with getting subcontracts, insurance certificates and Bonds on file prior to commencement of work.
- Prepares the MPSR with the Project Manager and Project Controller.
- Maintains the Florida Construction Lien Law requirements including tracking the filing and expiration of the Notice of Commencement, ensuring Notices to Owner are logged and tracked, and collecting and logging releases for subcontractors and sub tiers.
- Assists with the Owner Payment application process including:
- Opens the draws in Textura.
- Ties out the owner payment application to Sage.
- Populates the monthly subcontract and MI requests.
- Coordinates Pencil review with owner and bank.
- Tracks stored material.
- Finalizes and submits by the contract deadline.
- Follows up to insure all information is presented for a timely receipt of draw proceeds.
- Conducts periodic inspection of construction site with the owner’s rep and bank.
- Insures all subcontractors are paid timely, and periodically requests statement of accounts from sub tiers.
- Assists Project Controller and Project Manager in the Change Management Process and the document control process for all Change Orders (owner and subcontractor).
- Assists in addressing subcontractor issues including documentation for any subcontractor claims and defaults.
- Assists Risk Management with logging and tracking of all owner and subcontractor insurance requirements for the Project including CCIP/OCIP and SDI programs, liability, automobile, Builder’s Risk, equipment and other insurance required.
- Works with the Insurance Coordinator in tracking the expiration date of all insurance.
- Assists Project Management with special requests and additional analysis.
- Assists in obtaining all necessary close out documents (owner and subcontractor).
- Assists in managing subcontractor closeout including obtaining all final lien releases for the project.
- Assists with transfer of utilities, insurance, owner training, and punch list documentation.
- Assists in obtaining the release of any bonds posted during construction by Coastal or any subcontractor.
- Turns over to the owner all required close-out documents as requested by the Senior Project Manager or Project Manager.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum of Two years’ experience in the construction industry.
Knowledge / Skills Required:
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to learn the following:
- Microsoft Office suite (Excel emphasis)
- Bluebeam/Adobe acrobat
- Good understanding of construction cost and accounting principles.
- General understanding of scheduling, estimating and purchasing principles and techniques.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents and scopes of work.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good client management skills and ability to build goodwill.
- Effective time management skills and logical decision-making ability.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities between Coastal’s business needs, organizational issues, and sound customer relations.
- A strong sense of urgency and initiative. Able to quickly study and react to complex issues.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Cafeteria plan
- Paid holidays and vacations and sick leave
- 401k retirement plan with generous company match
Coastal is driven by honest, hardworking and dedicated professionals. We are committed to hiring the best and brightest talent in the construction industry. We know that our people set us apart. Do you have what it takes?