Building is in our blood. Enthusiasm and a love for what we do have fueled a lifetime in construction. Construction has been a Murphy family calling for four generations. The first Tom Murphy was an immigrant carpenter with a passion for quality that has driven Coastal since its founding in 1988. We are dedicated to our core values, making our commitment to total quality and client satisfaction absolute. It's Not Just Business... It's Personal.
Today, Coastal is ranked in the top 100 construction management companies in the country and in June of 2014, Coastal was recognized as the "Southeast Contractor of the Year" by Engineering News Record (ENR), the preeminent magazine for the construction industry worldwide.
With a distinguished roster of public and private clients, Coastal focuses on nine primary markets: Commercial, Hospitality, Education, Residential, Mixed-Use, Interiors, Worship, Historic Restoration & Disaster Recovery
Career Opportunity: Contract Administrator
Support and consistently reinforce Coastal’s Core Values, acts as the project liaison between Coastal and the owner, and between Coastal and their subcontractors, and is the on-site office coordinator. Responsible for all phases of subcontract administration, including subcontract package preparation, maintenance and execution, and tracking and expediting procurement and delivery of insurance submission per contract agreement. Coordinates and synchronizes multiple complex projects, manages priorities, manages internal and external customer expectations, meets deadlines and delivers results in a fast-paced environment while working independently and in a team first environment.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Answers telephones.
- Maintains and organizes project specific shared files and all project specific correspondence.
- Orders office supplies and equipment.
- Tracks and reports biweekly time, status changes and additional HR forms in accordance with HR policy.
- Prepares contract change notices as delegated by Project Manager, Project Executive or VP.
- Prints and prepares monthly reporting for Project Manager/Project Executive as deemed necessary.
- Prepares and tracks execution of contract change management documents (change order requests, owner change orders, and commitment change orders).
- Administers and maintains Sage database to include but not limited to: change management, project specific vendor database, contact database, RFI, submittal, and meeting minutes.
- Compiles all documents necessary for subcontracts, purchase orders and commitments.
- Issues Field Commitments.
- Tracks and administers all vendor, supplier, and subcontractor insurance.
- Tracks monthly invoices and payment deadlines.
- Assists Project Manager with monthly Owner AIA.
- Assists the Project Engineer and Superintendent when required.
- Opens and closes monthly subcontractor draws.
- Releases payments to subcontractors and vendors.
- Processes check requests including routing, approval, etc.
- Obtains approval for, codes, and authorizes (first tier authorization) monthly invoices (Subcontractors & Vendors).
- Tracks Notices to Owners & processes Lien Releases.
- Reviews and processes claims/liens filed on project; procures Satisfactions.
- Assists Safety Manager in the collection of Safety documents (STP Plans).
- Assists in obtaining visitors release forms.
- Assists Safety Managers in the completion Safety forms, should an accident/incident occur.
- Assists Project Manager/Project Executive in the collection and compilation of all closeout documents, including insurance, warranty, QA/QC documents, final Change Orders, etc. in accordance with project specific contract specifications.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or 5 years of experience working in a construction environment.
Knowledge / Skills Required:
- Ability to read and interpret general business documents, periodicals, and technical and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and instructions.
- Familiarity with contract terms such as terms, termination for convenience, warranties, etc.
- Proficiency with:
- Sage 300
- pVault document management
- Adobe, Bluebeam
- Microsoft Office suite
- MS Office suite
- Typing, Internet browsing skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced, team oriented environment demonstrating attention to detail, understanding irregular hours, and displaying sensitivity to confidential matters.
- High energy, self-motivated, and able to complete defined tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to offer appropriate direction within the confines of the day to day operations per defined policies and procedures.
- Experience in contracts and negotiations preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Cafeteria plan
- Paid holidays and vacations and sick leave
- 401k retirement plan with generous company match
Coastal is driven by honest, hardworking and dedicated professionals. We are committed to hiring the best and brightest talent in the construction industry. We know that our people set us apart. Do you have what it takes?