Job Title: QA/QC Superintendent
Reports To: QA/QC Manager
Direct Reports: N/A
Department: Quality Assurance/Quality Control
Support and consistently reinforce Coastal’s Core Values, is responsible for ensuring the quality, correctness and suitability of a wide range of work, from foundation, structure and facade through MEP, and interior rough and finish, by monitoring and inspections, beginning in Preconstruction and extending through Close Out.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Reviews project specifications, drawings, and Quality Control plans and procedures.
- Communicates issues, events, performance and progress daily to the QA/QC Manager/team.
- Reports any problems/issues promptly to the QA/QC Manager/Field team.
- Establishes effective working relationships with Coastal’s team members.
- Requests assistance from the General Superintendent to ensure compliance as to quality issues.
- Ensures regular feedback is shared with team members.
- Ensures strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements throughout the company.
- Supports and drives utilization of Coastal’s initiatives and technology systems.
- Witnesses and reviews inspection of construction.
- Produces Quality Control field reports.
- Maintains and updates Quality Control inspection log.
- Maintains project photographic file.
- Maintains job site visit log.
- Ensures outsourced inspection protocols are being followed.
- Ensures that all subcontractors and appropriate Coastal team members participate in a QA/QC Kick-off meeting prior to starting work on the project.
- Ensures that all pertinent Quality Control Benchmarks for the project are established and inserted the baseline schedule.
- Ensures that all appropriate individuals become members of the Quality Control Team.
- Reviews the inspections and material testing reports.
- Reviews subcontractor performance to quality and ethical standards.
- Attends project turnover meetings.
- Attends closeout meetings.
- Ensures our Project team is confirming proper material delivery.
- Checks that as-built working drawings are maintained as well as the current drawing log and revision log.
- Assists subcontractor closeout and owner training as required.
- Understands Coastal’s Contract and Subcontract Agreement.
- Keeps management informed on progress of project and budget through regularly scheduled Quality Control meetings.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the Construction Industry
- Forensic Engineering experience preferred.
Knowledge / Skills Required:
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proficiency with:
- Microsoft Office suite
- Primavera P-6
- Plan Grid
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Ability to implement leading-edge technologies such as LEED and LEAN.
- Able to constantly multi-task and handle competing priorities between Coastal’s business needs and organizational issues while maintaining excellent customer relations.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage the many details necessary for successful construction.
- Must have judgment to know when to appropriately escalate issues up the chain of command.
- Excellent management skills to effectively manage subcontractor performance to high quality.
- A strong sense of urgency and initiative, and the ability to quickly study and react to complex issues, and resolve conflict effectively in a firm but fair manner.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to take action confidently and decisively.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.